Who does not want to stay healthy? We all take care of our body parts, however many of us neglects the teeth, which helps us to chew, eat. It also helps us to look beautiful, is not it? Think of someone’s face without teeth. Recently I have seen some of celebrities photos also, from which teeth have been removed for fun. Want to have a look? click here.
Funny parts apart. So it better to know some of tips for taking care of our tooth. To keep our tooth healthy, it is necessary to take care of our gums. Many people faces gum disease without their knowledge.
First of all what is GUM?
Gum is the part of the mouth which holds the tooth. It helps to have a link between your bones and tooth.
Without healthy gums a person can lose their tooth.
So the symptoms of gum disease are:
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Red or swollen gums
- Painful chewing.
- Loose teeth.
- Bleeding while brushing or eating.
- Sensitive teeth.
- Receding gums or longer appearing teeth.
Normally people comes know about their gum disease, when they feel the pain while chewing for the teeth feels loosed.
What causes gum disease?
- Habits like smoking.
- Tobacco chewing.
- Poor oral hygiene habits such as not brushing and flossing on a daily basis, make it easier for gingivitis to develop.
- Hormonal changes, such as those occurring during pregnancy, puberty, menopause, and monthly menstruation, make gums more sensitive, which makes it easier for gingivitis to develop.
- Family history of dental disease.
What to do after got a disease?
First of all go visit the dentist. Other than that, it is time to take care of gum. As it is always better to prevent than cure. It can be prevented by following below steps.
Prevention of gum disease.
Below steps should be follow daily to take care of your gums.
- It is always best to brush the teeth twice a day and Floss regularly to remove plaque from between teeth.
- Quit smoking.
- Visit a dentist in an interval of six months.
- Use a toothpaste having fluoride to brush.
More information on tooth related care and problems can be found in Colgate health speak blog site.
You can also go through the below video to have a clear idea.